Tuesday, July 7, 2009

My Ten...Well, Thirteen

A couple of hours ago someone asked me, "So, did you even listen to any Michael Jackson in the last fifteen years, you know, before two weeks ago?" I was elated to not only tell him "yes" but to also share that HIStory Volume I was in my home stereo the day he died. While I was elated to answer him, I was really more than offended by that question. I realize that a lot of people are jumping on the bandwagon and others are rediscovering their love with Michael Jackson...I however, am not one of them.

I shared with some friends that for some years now, I have had a list of about 10 people who when they die, I will be devastated. MJ was the first on my list to go. To avoid obnoxious questions like the one I was asked earlier, I've decided to share my list with you. In no particular order:

-Oprah Winfrey
-Robin Roberts
-Diane Sawyer
-Janet Jackson
-Bill Cosby
-Whoopi Goldberg
-Whitney Houston
-Diana Ross
-Charlie Gibson
-Bill Clinton
-Nelson Mandela
-Barbara Walters
-Fidel Castro

I recognize that some of these people are controversial, but they are still on my list...they've menat things to me for some reason or another in life. While I don't wish any of these people death anytime soon, I want to go ahead and say for the record that when these poeple die and I am mourning, it is not to be a part of the fad.

RIP Michael Jackson

No comments:

Post a Comment